Have you ever thought of sending a letter of love to you loved one’s on Valentine’s Day? We restrict ourselves to roses, candle light dinner, fancy gifts. But a letter wrapped up with warmth, love, affection can be more precious and special than any gift. I am a big time letter writing lover. I have always loved to write and receive hand printed letters. But who has remained untouched by technology? I’m thrilled to be participating in a five day ‘LOL-a-thon’ organised by ‘The Momsteins’. Join us to read some wonderful letters written by 26 cool bloggers. Stay around to read some amazing letters coming up. Today’s prompt is Letter to parent/in-laws/kids. I chose to write a letter to my sweet angels who are my sunshine.
My dear angels..
I am not going to say how much I love you or how much I care for you or how blessed I am to have you two in my life. The moment I learned about your existence my world changed for the better. The mere idea of your presence gave me a new sense of hope, inspiration, and commitment.
First of all, thank you for giving me this honor of being your mom. Thank you for teaching me what unconditional love means. Thank you for teaching me to respect my parents even more; for teaching me to find joy in small things; for teaching me to forgive; for this new version of me. There are many things my parents taught me and I want to pass it on to you.
- Appreciate the simple things in life: Life comes with many surprises. Learn to appreciate every good thing. It might look simple to eyes but has the maximum charm. Goals are fine and important, but value the things that come along in the journey. Appreciate every single thing you have been blessed with this far.
- Never stop learning: Learn to do better, learn new things. There is no end for learning. But yes, don’t forget the fun part. Enjoy your learning journey!!
- Imagine my child: No matters what others say, never let your imagination take a full stop.
- Be sensitive towards others: Never let go the emotional side of your personality.
- Enjoy being a child: Even if at times you wish to be a grown up. Trust me, I still want to go back to my childhood days. I wish I can get a second childhood.
Last but not the least,
- Believe in yourself: You have to stand for yourself. It is good to have a support system but in the end its “you” who has to believe in yourself. You can and you will accomplish every single thing you set your mind to, believe in that. No one can stop you from shining!!