I haven’t planned anything to post today. After my daughter left for school, I headed for my morning walk. It was cooooold..But since I was already started so thought of not coming back. I love Fog. It gives me, I don’t know why, some sort of happiness. I grew up in IIT Campus, Kanpur. Winters are chilly there. No snow but chilly winds, dense fog. When I was in College, many times I have missed my bus because of fog…:) It had its own charm. Today’s morning was kind of foggy (not as Kanpur fog..but ya…it was okay) I couldn’t stop myself from taking pictures…:)
I completed my walk and after coming back,wanted to have something warm… Also, I had to pack lunch for my hubby. There was some leftover Rice in my fridge. So made this. Since I wasn’t prepared for writing today so I am giving the approx. measures of the ingredients. Sorry about that. Later it got better but since I made it so took some pictures before finishing it up..:)
- Cooked Rice – 1 1/2 cups
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger-Green Chilli-Garlic paste- 1/2 teaspoon
- Green Bell Pepper- 1/2 cut in square pieces
- Tomato – 1/2 cut in square pieces
- Onion – Less than 1/2 if onion is big, cut in square pieces
- Broccoli florets – 1/4 cup
- Chick peas – 1/4 cup or less than that. (I had one already opened Can so used that too)
- Paneer pieces – 1/4 cup
- Soy Sauce- 1 tablespoon+1/2 teaspoon
- Chilly Sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Tomato Sauce- I squeezed it out directly from bottle so I am guessing it might be 1 tablespoon+1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
And I made it:
- In a skillet or wok, heat the oil on medium heat. Add Ginger-Green Chilli-Garlic paste, to it add all the veggies, paneer. Stir-fry them. Do not overcook. We want the veggies to be crunchy.
- Add Soy sauce, Chilli sauce and Tomato sauce. Add Salt, Black pepper. Mix it.
- Add cooked rice. Mix it. Turn off the heat.