My baby turned 8 months on the 3rd. I made this cake for his 8th month birthday. Yes, we celebrate his month birthday. Another chance to bake a cake.:) His big sis asked me to make Nutella cake. She loves home made or should I say home baked cakes. I have tried Nutella Marble Cake earlier but this time, I wanted to try something different. So, after searching for other cake recipes with nutella, I found quite a few and decided to make nutella cake with sour cream. This was my first time to use sour cream in any cake recipe and this cake turned out so soft and moist, perfectly sweet with a subtle flavor of chocolate from nutella..You can use the same recipe and bake cup cake. Just that the baking time will vary. If you want to try a chocolate cake, do try this one. It’s very simple. Like any other cake, mix dry ingredients first, then add wet. Beat the batter and bake. So, lets bake this yummy, moist, nutella cake with sour cream..
You will need:
- 1 2/3 cups – All purpose flour
- 1 cup – Sugar
- 1/4 tsp – Baking soda
- 1 tsp – Baking powder
- 3/4 cup – Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup – Nutella
- 3 egg
- 1 tsp – Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup – Sour cream
- 1/2 cup – Milk
It’s time to bake this yummy Nutella Cake with Sour Cream:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter, Nutella, eggs, vanilla, sour cream and milk and mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour the batter into greased baking pan. If you are baking cupcakes, fill cupcake liners a little more than half way.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs. For cupcakes, 19-20 minutes will be the time.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool before cutting.
- Don’t over-beat the batter.
- Butter should be at room temperature and soft.
- You can make icing for the cupcakes. and drizzle it with some warm nutella..yummm!!